Security and Network Support Engineer II - day shifts
For over 10 years, our client has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. The 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We can offer you Day shifts covering the EMEA market, Monday to Friday to help you strike an excellent work life balance! !
- Provide second line phone/email consultation to independently debug complex security/network problems.
- Interface with Engineering and assist the customer with testing or troubleshooting.
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and provide feedback to Engineering and Operations teams
- Create entries in our technical support on-line database to accurately document any incident resolution that is not found in our knowledge base.
- Assist in developing on-going training programs for the department.
- Promote a team environment by assisting and contributing to fellow their employees whenever necessary to enhance the professional development of everyone within the organization.
- Ability to mentor other engineers on advanced troubleshooting, debugging and case management skills.
- Understand the product direction and customer use-cases and provide input on product & code changes through all points of the product cycle.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4-year experience working as Support Engineer/ Sr. Support Engineer supporting networking or web security products.
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix, and Free BSD.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues and familiarity with the necessary tools. (Ping, Traceroute, MTR etc)
- Expert knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS etc
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- Working Knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise Network Infrastructure
- CCNA certificate is an advantage
- Familiarity with:
o Network Protocol Analyzers (tcpdump, Wireshark)
o Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
o authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
o VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN clients
o Scripting knowledge (SHELL, Python, Perl) would be appreciated
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or an equivalent advanced industry certifications.
BGR Sofia - Advance Business Center