About the job
In the role as Legal Counsel Energy Division you will be leading the support of managing business risks from a legal perspective to the Energy Division at Alfa Laval Group. The Energy Division is responsible for supplying the products to the energy, process, mining, metals, HVAC, refrigeration and the light industrial markets. Alfa Laval supports customers in their contribution to a better environment, less CO2 emissions and reduced operating costs. We go to the market directly to end-users and through channels of main contractors, OEMs, system-builders, distributors and online. In this role, you will work in close cooperation with your global legal colleagues as well as the Business Units. You will report to VP Group Legal & Compliance based at the headquarters in Lund.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Identifying and managing business risks from a legal perspective to the Energy Division through sound commercial, legal, compliance and ethical risk assessments;
• Providing legal support to the respective Business Units of the Energy Division in all aspects of development and sales, distribution, intellectual property rights, product liability and litigation of equipment, processes and services to the energy, power and process engineering sectors;
• Proactively engaging and advising on legal risks related to the development and launch of new products and tools supporting our digital transformation and online presence;
• Actively participating and implementing continuous improvement of related policies and processes, template agreements and supporting tools;
• Educating business colleagues in commercial contracts, corporate governance and ethics;
• Managing and coordinating disputes and litigations; and
• Managing external legal advisers.
What we are looking for
You have a Swedish LL.M. degree followed by at least seven years of experience from working as in-house legal counsel or at a reputable law firm. To be successful in this role, you have experience from working with supply of equipment, processes and services preferably to the energy, power and process engineering industry sectors. You have experience in drafting, negotiating, and litigating international commercial contracts, including aspects of sales and distribution, intellectual property rights and product liability. Knowledge from relevant industries and applications is a success factor. Work experience related to M&A and equity capital markets, digital transformation, digital content and e-commerce is a merit. Experience from working with the compliance area of export control and trade sanctions is an additional merit. You have excellent communication skills in English, verbally and in writing.
You have a strong commercial understanding and pro-actively take initiatives to contribute with your expertise to impact the business. You have a high level of integrity and are confident in your competence and the value you bring as a business partner, but you also possess a curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in this dynamic role. You have an ability to work independently and find legally adequate solutions to various situations. You can quickly analyze complex information and communicate the same in a simplified way with a clear advice to enhance decision-making. You are flexible and adapt positively to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are a positive and engaged team player who are not afraid to deliver and dig in where necessary. We expect you to be driven and a person able to prioritize.
The role may involve international travel from time to time.
Contact and Application
In this recruitment process, Alfa Laval is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received. Please apply via www.jurek.se. Note that we do not accept applications by email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Linn Marthinussen by phone 076 – 002 69 41, or by email at email@example.com.
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of first-rate products in the areas of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling. With these as its base, Alfa Laval aims to help enhance the productivity and competitiveness of its customers in various industries throughout the world. We define their challenges and deliver sustainable products and solutions that meet their requirements – mainly in energy, the environment, food and the marine industry.