RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Your future plans
Market Data is the fuel for decision-making, automated trading, and fundamental analysis within the Energy Trading industry and therefore a key element to enable business growth. We harmonize, store, and maintain thousands of data sources worldwide and make them accessible. Within your role as a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining our AWS-based Market Data IT Platform, so we keep it state-of-the-art and deliver the best possible services for our business users. Accurate and timely market data is crucial for RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST) to operate successfully in today´s fast-paced markets. Most importantly, we believe that having fun at work is key, so we have a laugh every day!
We are looking for an experienced C#/.NET-Developer with Cloud and DevOps experience to work in our Global Market Data IT Solutions team. DevOps means for us: “You build it, you run it.” So the main focus will be on C#/.NET-Development but with responsibility for a smooth working production system.
- Help us migrate our legacy applications to our centralized Market Data exchange platform based on AWS
- Identify and implement improvements in our Application Landscape to increase value for our Business and IT
- Design and develop services and ensure a seamless automated testing and deployment process on our Market Data Platform
- Educate and collaborate with the team on Cloud and DevOps best practices, building up cloud knowledge within the Market Data domain
- Liaising with other internal data experts across RWEST to develop best practices and enhance existing methods within the company
- Contribute to an agile team and strive with us for a continuous improvement culture
Your powerful skills
- The successful candidate will work with our team of application developers to create solutions that meet our organization’s market data requirements.
- Therefore, we are looking for the following in our candidates:
- Strong object-oriented development skills (C#) and experience with Software Architecture Designs (mainly Micro-Service Architecture)
- Extensive knowledge of working with relational Databases e.g. Microsoft SQL Server but also object storage solutions such as Amazon S3
- Knowledge of DevOps principles (DORA) and deployment strategies
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (e. g. ECS, IAM, Code Pipeline, MSK)
- Previous experience in working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, AWS CDK, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experienced in building and evolving CI / CD pipelines (Azure DevOps, GitLab, or similar)
- Knowledge and implementation of containerization and container orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, and EKS for example
- Good working experiences with Windows
- AWS Certifications to professional level, preferable
Advantageous, but not a must
- Knowledge of market data, the end-to-end trading lifecycle, and physical / financial products (commodity trading)
What we value most is passion, willingness to learn, and a determined and resilient work ethic. So, if you can’t display all of the skills above we would still like to hear from you.
Benefits you can rely on
- You will be working in one of the most interesting business contexts; a mixture of energy supply, trading, and of course IT
- Right from the beginning you’ll be making a difference within the team and will be supplemented by a variety of comprehensive on-the-job learning
- Working in a DevOps team on things that matter
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Open and diverse company culture
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 81710
Any questions? Deborah Münz (Recruiting), +49 152 57906888
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,700 employees from over 50 different countries trade (renewable) electricity, (green) gas, commodities and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from renewables.