RWE Clean Energy, LLC
RWE represents change, innovation, and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future. As a member of Blade Repair Services, you will be part of a team responsible for inspections, repairs, and preventative maintenance of our North American fleet.
• Adhere to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE RWE philosophy.
• Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures. This includes wearing essential safety equipment, including a personal fall arrest system, as well as identifying potential hazards on the job.
• Climb wind towers and access wind turbines to perform composites repair & maintenance tasks.
• Lift, carry, and transport essential equipment, tools, and materials to the job site.
• Assist in transportation, setup, and the operation of the up-tower blade access mechanism.
• Support a team in performing platform, and ground access composite repairs on multiple turbine manufacturers, including GE, Siemens, Vestas, Nordex, etc.
• Assist in mobilization of all repair equipment to the site.
• Assist in major component replacement, which will primarily focus on blades.
• Assure proper storage, maintenance and handling of all Blade Repair Service equipment.
• Perform safety and other wind farm-related tasks when assigned and fill in as a backup to personnel at other RWE sites when necessary.
• Perform all other duties assigned as may be required from time to time.
• Entry-level applicants will be provided with required training.
• Skills and competencies expected of experienced technicians include:
• Understanding of wind turbine blade construction, inspection, and repair, including LPS systems
•Knowledge of fiberglass types
• Demonstrated experience in blade damage assessment and repair.
•Experience across multiple manufacturers (i.e. Siemens, GE, Vestas, Nordex)
•Previous Blade Access Platform and rigging experience preferred.
•Experience of LEP.
• Understanding of composite materials including (but not limited to), epoxy resins, polyurethane fillers and paint, core materials, and mix ratios.
• Accurate completion of QA/QC documentation.
• Ability to read and understand Engineering Work Instructions.
• Required: All applicants must be able to provide proof of High School Diploma or GED
• Required: All applicants must pass physical fitness tests required to maintain Global Wind Organization Certification. In addition, at the discretion of the business, future successful completion of physical fitness tests will be required.
• Required: All applicants must possess an unrestricted driver’s license in good standing.
• Required: Willing and able to obtain and maintain an RWE sponsored, Commercial Driver License (CDL), if so requested by RWE for mobilization of our composite component repair equipment.
• Preferred: GWO Certification.
•Willing to relocate within a 1-hour drive of a site.
•Required: Travel up to 100%, multiple worksites, hot/cold weather conditions, irregular hours on short notice.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
We look forward to meeting you! Apply today.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Xing