RWE Clean Energy, LLC, San Diego, Austin, Valhalla
Functional area: Administration; Finance / Controlling; Operations & Maintenance
The Asset Manager takes accountability for the commercial success of a >8 GW portfolio of renewable energy assets here at RWE Clean Energy (RWECE). Through close collaboration with Operations & Maintenance and various Financial stakeholders, you will be part of a team that drives tactical and strategic initiatives optimizing the performance of all assets. This position will report to the Vice President of Asset Management and have overall accountability, responsibility, and authority in the execution of the business and affairs of assigned assets in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Function as a member of a decentralized team of individuals supporting RWE’s Asset Management activities of renewable generation and related facilities in North America to assure safety, minimize budget variances, and maximize profitability in accordance with RWECE's mission statement and adhere to the company’s values and behaviors as aspired by RWECE's vision
- Manage all commercial and contractual obligations for a portfolio of renewable energy assets with various internal and external stakeholders
- Use a strong entrepreneurial mindset to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans by studying market conditions and internal operational needs, identify technological and commercial opportunities; present assumptions and recommend objectives and execution of strategies necessary to achieve agreed performance targets to the VP of Asset Management
- In conjunction with the VP Asset Management, develop and execute annual business plan and mid-term plan (MTP), including the financial, budget, and FTE requirements
- Coordinate planning and execution efforts with all stakeholder departments by establishing strong, collaborative relationships with support departments that provide essential skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to effectively and profitably deliver cost savings and achieve goals, such as HSE, Procurement, Controlling, Asset Management, and Operations teams
- Establish credibility in the marketplace with suppliers and manufacturers, identifying new business opportunities within delegated levels of authority and consistent with the approved strategic objectives
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and performance metrics across all lines of business
- Implement and continuously improve local asset management systems and processes consistent with organizational policies and standards
- Monitor and report asset performance and implement strategies for improvement of performance, mitigation of risks and creation of value; manage technical issues to ensure they are fully analyzed and appropriate solutions developed and implemented
- Ensure compliance with all licenses, consents and NERC/FERC guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, math, or finance focus required. Master’s Degree preferred and an MBA Degree is a plus
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a related energy field
- Demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships with internal and external project partners and stakeholders
- Experience in asset management and/or technical expertise in the renewable energy industry
- Experience in negotiating and managing commercial contracts with an understanding of contract law and typical commercial contractual arrangements required for renewable generation assets
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and quality management systems
- Knowledge of electricity markets, and market arrangements (ERCOT, MISO, ISO, SPP, PJM, etc.)
- Strong commercial acumen and entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to translate technical findings into commercial implications
- Ability to prioritize assigned work and flexibly adjust as business requirements arise
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparties across all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to assess technical problems, identify root causes, and develop solutions for mitigation of reoccurrence
- Solid planning and organizing skills including effective prioritization and resource management
- In-depth knowledge of project management principles and the importance of operating to cost, quality, and time specifications
- Ability to take independent decisions in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Proactive, motivated, and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and a drive for high standards
- Proven ability to develop self and others
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Budgeting, forecasting, energy industry research, and team building experience preferred
Pay range: The annual base salary range for this position in California or New York City is $99,300 - $149,000. The listed salary range represents our good faith estimate for this position and represents the range for new hire salaries across all U.S locations. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. RWE considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s education & work experience, training & certifications, and key skills as well as market and business considerations at the time of the offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
We look forward to meeting you! Apply today.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Xing