RWE Clean Energy, LLC, Valhalla, Chicago, Austin, San Francisco, San Diego
Functional area: Communications
The Branding, Events, and Advertising Manager will develop and execute event and sponsorship marketing strategies and plans that will help RWE build its brand and increase awareness of the company with key stakeholders in the Americas – particularly in the U.S. – to help achieve the business growth strategy. This role requires frequent travel and coordination with vendors.
- Work as a key member of the RWE Corporate Communications Team in the Americas to improve the company’s brand awareness, taking the lead on recommending and carrying out events marketing and sponsorship opportunities; this includes but is not limited to energy industry conferences, tradeshows, and corporate events
- Actively manage event marketing and advertising budgets with a voice in how resources are allocated to achieve RWE’s growth objectives in the Americas
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Develop annual, long- and short-term event marketing strategies and plans
- Collaborate with other departments, such as development, operations, strategy, HR, and business development, to ensure a strategic overview and understanding of the business as well as identify future events and marketing opportunities.
- Interface with SVP of Corporate Communications about event marketing initiatives/plans for approval; ensure that budgets and timelines are complete, accurate, and adhered to; ensure any variances are discussed in advance of expenditures
- Coordinate full lifecycle of events and sponsorships, which may include internal compliance, legal and budget approvals, sourcing, RFPs, negotiations, site inspections, contracting, program communications, F&B, transportation, VIP requirements, registration, audio/visual production, product/brand provisioning, and post-event evaluation process.
- Develop, implement, and execute initiatives and activities in support of events including campaigns (digital, print, broadcast, etc.), and sponsorships, in collaboration with the Digital Media Manager
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on the creation of effective event webpages, mobile apps, and marketing communications
- Coordinate with internal and external content contributors, to help draft effective messaging to event registrants and implement email campaign efforts
- Adhere to RWE branding and design standards for all marketing material
- Provide attendee management support at events in the Americas hosted or attended by RWE staff including C-suite executives
- Serve as main contact with external vendors as it pertains to event marketing and advertising software and technologies
- Relevant degree in Marketing, Event Management, Public Relations or Communications preferred
- A minimum of 6+ years of relevant events marketing experience and corporate meeting planning required, with energy industry experience preferred
- Detail-oriented project manager and committed to high-quality service – motivated to provide service that is prompt, responsive, and accurate
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, reacting with sound judgment
- Strong business aptitude where you exhibit data-based decision-making and measurement
- Ability to thrive under pressure and deliver in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Exceptional presentation and influencing skills, and an ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders to achieve buy-in and meet deadlines
- Technologically savvy with experience leveraging events management software such as Cvent and Social Tables required
- Ability to effectively manage vendors, contractors, and activation partners for the best outcomes
Pay range: The annual base salary range for this position in California or New York City is $97,500 - $146,300. The listed salary range represents our good faith estimate for this position and represents the range for new hire salaries across all U.S locations. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. RWE considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s education & work experience, training & certifications, and key skills as well as market and business considerations at the time of the offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. Eligible employees also participate in short-term incentives, in addition to salary.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we’re making all that energy green. This decade alone we’re investing €50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 – ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 – with some of the world’s largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We’re also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
We look forward to meeting you! Apply today.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Xing